Meditation 2.0 is about cultivating inner peace and a sense of wholeness that enables you to meet the challenges of modern life, a focus that represents a revolution in self-development, for meditation has mostly been focused exclusively on methods and techniques that work best in isolation, far from the concerns of family, relationships, and goals.
To help you understand meditation, I've created an 8-part video series for subscribers on the history and practice of meditation.
Video 1 is on Kundalini meditation and Kriya yoga, types of meditation that emerge from Vedanta, the esoteric side of Hinduism.
Here's what you'll learn in this 30-minute video:
- The history of Vedanta and what historical figures influenced the tradition (including one which might surprise you)
- Influential modern teachers (including some of the female teachers) who have taught these types of meditation
- The relationship between yoga asana and the meditation tradition
- The goal of all meditation techniques is the state of unity, but there are two kinds of unity, and you'll learn about each one
- The difference between upward and downward meditation
- The name for the rising stream of energy in each one of us
- How your posture plays a role in moving energy and consciousness
- How your intention matters in meditation
- The true meaning of Yoga
- How you focus your attention and how this affects your experience
- How breathing practices are used to change your consciousness
- and, though it may be controversial, my take on the pros and cons of this type of meditation.